TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago in an issue in TV Guide they were listing the shows that they thought would be cancelled. They said that Cold Case and Without A Trace still get plenty of viewers but they are very expensive to produce. And unless the studios would give them a break on the cost that CBS would probably get rid of one of them. So if you had to pick which one would you want to be saved? I have mixed feelings on this.

·
betativowho??
3,629 Posts
I like both, but definitely "Cold Case". It's pretty formulatic now, I admit, but I like to see how they transition between the young characters and the old, and I like the music.

In fact, I get upset when they have episodes in which the crime took place only a few years ago, and they use the same actors for both young and old.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I like Without A Trace. It's the one and only TV show I can watch with my wife. She likes Cold Case too but for some reason it seems too repetitive to me. Not that WAT is original in any sense of the word.

·
TivoHD
254 Posts
I agree that Cold Case is more repetitive. It does have some good episodes where they try to weave interesting or important pieces of history into their stories. I skip the episodes that are about ordinary people, since those are mostly all the same.

Without a Trace gets repetitive, too, at times, but I think the stories are much better told.

·
Grumpy Poster
56,652 Posts
So if Cold Case is cancelled, will Jack Malone and his unit try to track them down? And if Without A Trace is cancelled, will the Philadelphia PD's Cold Case unit try five years from now to determine what happened? :p

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I like Without A Trace because Poppy Montgomery is hawt.
I watched the first season of Cold Case, but it didn't do it for me so I didn't stick around for the second.

Reactions: Amnesia

·
Just a Daddyman
6,216 Posts
I say get rid of with out a trace. It always was a sore pint how quick they got on a case.

I mean no hint of a crime and the feds are there. Hell the police won't look at adult for a. Few days

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I say let WaT go. I lost interest in that a long time ago. I like Cold Case mainly for the character interactions. Not as much for the actual cases.

·
[Spoiler]
3,527 Posts
I say get rid of with out a trace. It always was a sore pint how quick they got on a case.

I mean no hint of a crime and the feds are there. Hell the police won't look at adult for a. Few days
Not only that, but when they seem to do about three days worth of investigation, the subtitle says something like "18 Hours Missing." :rolleyes::D

·
Palindromer
21,776 Posts
I like both...and it's hard... but I guess I would have to say Cold Case... As others have mentioned, the music, the transitions from the older actors to their younger selves...and the manufactured touching moment when you see the "ghost" of the murdered victim all play into my decision...

On a side note: How connected do you have to be to have the FBI searching for you after missing for 2 hours? :confused: This has always bothered me about Without a Trace...

·
Protein from the Sea
147 Posts
Not only that, but when they seem to do about three days worth of investigation, the subtitle says something like "18 Hours Missing." :rolleyes::D
You must REALLY get upset with the CSI: franchise - they're always back & forth from the lab to the crime scene to rounding up suspects for an interview to wherever and towards the end they confront someone about where they were this morning (when the crime took place).

Conversely, often the crime takes place sometime in the middle of the night and they're just starting to investigate in the noonday sun :confused:

BTW Cold Case > Without A Trace, just because :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is is extremely belated,but I choose Cold CaseI mean I like how Anthony La Paglia and how reinvented himself from the lousish brother he played to Jane Leeves' Daphne Moon on Frasier on Without A Trace,but on Cold Case,they could've delved into further unsolved,'dusty' crimes beyond what they did expertly in the early 1900s,in the episode 'Torn', In the Early 20th century episode about the priveleged little rich woman delving into the early generations of suffragettes,if you're a fan of Cold Case,as am I, you'll know which episode to which I'm speaking to/of, the episode titled 'Torn'

1 - 15 of 15 Posts