TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· DVD TiVo Expert
568 Posts
I don't have a Humax DRT400 (one's in the mail from an ebay auction), but if it acts like the Pioneers, the RF output on the back of the unit acts as a pass thru from your cable box. It does not output anything from the TiVo itself. You need to hook up the TiVo to the TV with RCA cables, either the Red/White/Yellow or Red/Green/Blue connections.

But you say you have an older TV with only an RF connector. You can do a couple things. 1. Buy a new TV. :) 2. Buy an RF modulator. This will convert the Red/White/Yellow cable to an RF signal that the TV can pickup. Radio Shack used to sell this type of item.

Good luck,
robomeister

· DVD TiVo Expert
568 Posts
You mention that your Pioneer had a drive crash. What happened to it? Did you junk it or sell it or repair it? Fixing the hard drive is pretty easy and very cost effective.

Just curious,
robomeister

· DVD TiVo Expert
568 Posts
The DVD Burner TiVos don't have that channel switch on the back of the TiVo, which leads me to believe that it won't do the RF thing you want. I think they were expecting you to connect the DVD player to your TV with the component connectors (RGB) for the best quality picture, allowing for progressive scan output, too. And it will also let you watch TV while your TiVo is recording, by passing the signal through the TiVo and having your TV tuner do its job tuning. No splitter required.

· DVD TiVo Expert
568 Posts
Ah, the Pioneer is awaiting a hard drive upgrade. Good. I was just checking to see that the Pioneer was not just sitting in a closet not getting any attention. :) I don't like to hear about TiVos that aren't being used to their full potential, especially Pioneers (my favorite kind of TiVo). But I do like to hear about TiVos getting larger hard drives. That's always a good thing. :D

robomeister

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.