TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
JimSpence said:
24 hours for that option is too long. And pulling the plug probably won't help as it will just start up that option again.

What kind of errors were you having?
A failing hard drive, I bet. I recently had to replace the drive in a HDR112 because the C&DE kept getting stuck and taking forever. Sure enough, it was a faulty drive.

However, pulling the plug may not be a bad first step either way. You of all people..., Dr. Restart... :D

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
TyroneShoes said:
Since they say it will take an hour, maybe so. But it has been known to take 3 days or more and be successful, so I'd wait it out first (while pricing options for HDD replacement). Keep it up on a monitor in the background so that you can detect if it goes into a reboot loop. If it does, then C&D could indeed be futile.
3 days, I have never heard of that. 24 hours, yes, but never heard of 3 days and success. Although I do agree waiting it out as a good option.
I would also add that it would not have to go into a "reboot loop" to prove a failed drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.