TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When setting up TiVo's IR to change the converter box channels and the brand is not listed are my only choices to either change channels manually or try each of the gazillion brands listed to see if any of those work?
I tried Bolt but even with the card and TA, I lost Starz, VOD, BBC and several other channels. Brighthouse says "there's just some channels their card won't receive".
I hate to give up on my Series 2 largely cuz it's recorded from everything I've ever plugged into it's inputs. It even records VOD stuff - all others just let you watch without being able to FF.
I'm offering my 1st born child to anyone with a solution! :)

·
TiVo's Italian Cuz!
5,275 Posts
When setting up TiVo's IR to change the converter box channels and the brand is not listed are my only choices to either change channels manually or try each of the gazillion brands listed to see if any of those work? I tried Bolt but even with the card and TA, I lost Starz, VOD, BBC and several other channels. Brighthouse says "there's just some channels their card won't receive". I hate to give up on my Series 2 largely cuz it's recorded from everything I've ever plugged into it's inputs. It even records VOD stuff - all others just let you watch without being able to FF. I'm offering my 1st born child to anyone with a solution! :)
That's utter BS that they're telling you that your Bolt with a cablecard can't receive and show those channels! Your solution is to get the Bolt back in service and try again with Brighthouse and tell them they're full of it and that you demand them to provision, pair and authorize your cablecard properly, which clearly they didn't do the first time and then just blamed the TiVo to cover their incompetence. If they don't then report them to the FCC and watch how fast you get resolution of this matter. :)

Another thing that may help is that they were just bought out by Charter, along with TWC, so maybe in the near future Charter will have a slightly better clue on how to do his properly.

Now send me your email so we can arrange the exchange of your first born! ;)

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
When setting up TiVo's IR to change the converter box channels and the brand is not listed are my only choices to either change channels manually or try each of the gazillion brands listed to see if any of those work?
I tried Bolt but even with the card and TA, I lost Starz, VOD, BBC and several other channels. Brighthouse says "there's just some channels their card won't receive".
I hate to give up on my Series 2 largely cuz it's recorded from everything I've ever plugged into it's inputs. It even records VOD stuff - all others just let you watch without being able to FF.
I'm offering my 1st born child to anyone with a solution! :)
To set up a Series 2 with a Cisco DTA (that's the little box bigger than a deck of cards and smaller than a paperback book), tell the TiVo it's a Scientific American.

It'll test about 10 different codes (you have to let it do that before it'll let you enter anything manually, unfortunately) before it gets to one that works.

You want to watch the lower right hand side of the screen for the DTA displaying the channel number and name to which it is tuning to see if it's responding to the codes, because the TiVo may tell it to tune to channels you don't get--so you may have to lie and tell the TiVo that it did change the channel to the correct channel, just to get it to think that it's found the right code and settings.

When it finishes that, you can go back into Settings, Channels, Channel Changing, tell it you have the same SA box, and select Advanced mode.

Then make sure it's set for

10014 - B

1 digit

Yes on using the DTA's enter button code (not to be confused with the TiVo remote's Enter button)

That should get you the snappiest and most reliable channel changes.

You can change that B to an A for slower or C for really slower.

You'd think it would be set up Slow, Medium, Fast, or Fast, Medium, Slow, but it's

A = Medium

B = Fast

C = Slow

Go figure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to thank y'all for your help. You were soooo right about Brighthouse being full of it. Rather than repeating myself here, see my other post under 'A warning to Brighthouse customers'.

Since y'all helped so much on this, I'm going to push my luck with another question posted under 'Bolt and VOD'.

As to setting up the exchange for my first born . . . I guess in all fairness I should have mentioned that I'm 60 years old, so your chances on this happening are extremely slim - sorry! :)

Thanks again to everyone!

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
I wanted to thank y'all for your help. You were soooo right about Brighthouse being full of it. Rather than repeating myself here, see my other post under 'A warning to Brighthouse customers'.

Since y'all helped so much on this, I'm going to push my luck with another question posted under 'Bolt and VOD'.

As to setting up the exchange for my first born . . . I guess in all fairness I should have mentioned that I'm 60 years old, so your chances on this happening are extremely slim - sorry! :)

Thanks again to everyone!
You could always adopt.

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.