TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Know if CC Is ofering the Directivos at an owned Price.? I remember when the whole Lease thing came out you could buy recievers at a higher price and they would be owned.
 

·
Reformed Druid
Joined
·
2,384 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
...I will assume you cant get it without the lease agreement.
Then you would be in error. The price is the price and I have received two, one as a replacement one added.

Both showed lease when first added as the first line CSRs cannot activate a receiver any other way but I was then transfered to the access card dept. and both were changed to owned. No fuss no hassle.

Also, the first line CSR said that she would send me a new R15 for no charge (about what it is worth) and that R15 would be owned as well.

I received it, activated it, and was transfered to the access card dept. where it was set it to owned as well.

It could be that my experience was an exception due to my long time DTV use. (Since the first year they existed.) But all my DVRs are owned, not leased. The new ones as well.
 

·
Tivo User
Joined
·
2,507 Posts
I'd be very careful about owned vs leased when dealing with D*. You may find out in the end that you have to turn in the boxes that you paid for and have a commitment that you did not agree to.

OLdDog said:
Then you would be in error. The price is the price and I have received two, one as a replacement one added.

Both showed lease when first added as the first line CSRs cannot activate a receiver any other way but I was then transfered to the access card dept. and both were changed to owned. No fuss no hassle.

Also, the first line CSR said that she would send me a new R15 for no charge (about what it is worth) and that R15 would be owned as well.

I received it, activated it, and was transfered to the access card dept. where it was set it to owned as well.

It could be that my experience was an exception due to my long time DTV use. (Since the first year they existed.) But all my DVRs are owned, not leased. The new ones as well.
 

·
Reformed Druid
Joined
·
2,384 Posts
When dealing with ANY company that has mult pricing/packages/billing methods it is always wise to print out the information pertaining to any account changes.

Anyone that does not do that is asking for trouble.

On each bill the status of each receiver on the account is clearly listed and each change is listed on the recent activity page. Anyone that does not check and print the activity page after each change is simply being very foolish.

In all the years I have been with DTV I have NEVER had a single problem and every problem I have heard of involved the consumer failing to exercise due diligence.

Not all CSRs will get it right at first but following up will get any mistakes corrected and listening and research will allow one to nip any issues before they become too hard to fix.

Caveat Emptor
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,721 Posts
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with OWNED or LEASED units.

Some people get so worked up over it.

I owned my 2 receivers. I bought an HR20 and it was leased. The HR20 was to replace the HDVR2 I sold to a friend at work(and I haven't missed it one bit). I still have 2 units in the house the awesome HR20 in the living room and a plain old receiver upstairs. On the first bill after the HR20 was set-up I noticed the leased fee showed up and the extra receiver mirroring fee disappeared.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stanley Rohner said:
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with OWNED or LEASED units.

Some people get so worked up over it.

I owned my 2 receivers. I bought an HR20 and it was leased. The HR20 was to replace the HDVR2 I sold to a friend at work(and I haven't missed it one bit). I still have 2 units in the house the awesome HR20 in the living room and a plain old receiver upstairs. On the first bill after the HR20 was set-up I noticed the leased fee showed up and the extra receiver mirroring fee disappeared.
The Only reason i get worked up is (At least with Tivo) I can watch shows recorded on it long after i leave D* So if I have to give it back I give it back with shows I want to still watch. Now I have heard that with The Directv Dvrs when you no longer have D* You can no longer watch recorded shows. I never got a confirmation on this fact as some said yes and some said no. If it is yes you cant watch shows Than leased or owned would not mean anything to me. Right now I have 3 tivos hooked up to my tv that i watch periodicly and they are not hooked up to D* Att all. This is why I would prefer to own my dvrs (At least my Tivo Dvrs)

I never know what may be there down the line. Heck Tivo could launch sattelites and start the Tivo Sat company After an anonymous billionare tivo fan buys Tivo :)

The new tivo sat company may work with directivos. Therefore I dont want to Give em back to D* :p :p ;)
 

·
Lord of Darkness
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
Now I have heard that with The Directv Dvrs when you no longer have D* You can no longer watch recorded shows. I never got a confirmation on this fact as some said yes and some said no.
You can watch all recorded Shows on your DVR after leaving. You just cannot record any New Shows.

So, if you have a "Leased" unit you loose all those recordings. Also, if you have upgraded the units, you must take out all the upgrades (HD etc) or give them to Directv.

With an "Owned" unit, its yours to do with what you want to. :D
 

·
Lord of Darkness
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Most R15 units will appear as "Leased".

It is hard to find a R15 "owned" on an Account. Not impossible, but hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
ducker said:
so... it would be better to buy... say:
NEW Philips R15-500 Direct TV PLUS DVR TiVo Receiver
off of ebay for under $50 then to get this jober at CC??
Note that this unit is not a TiVo. The Title is wrong.

-Mike
 

·
Tivo User
Joined
·
2,507 Posts
You sure that you're not a D* CSR??? Sounds like something that they might say.

Stanley Rohner said:
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with OWNED or LEASED units.

Some people get so worked up over it.

I owned my 2 receivers. I bought an HR20 and it was leased. The HR20 was to replace the HDVR2 I sold to a friend at work(and I haven't missed it one bit). I still have 2 units in the house the awesome HR20 in the living room and a plain old receiver upstairs. On the first bill after the HR20 was set-up I noticed the leased fee showed up and the extra receiver mirroring fee disappeared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
wolflord11 said:
You can watch all recorded Shows on your DVR after leaving. You just cannot record any New Shows.
:D
This is correct on the Directv DRVs, however I believe it is only true if you disconnect the unit BEFORE they turn off your account. Please correct me if I am wrong.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The directivo are gone :( Did anyone read the user reviews for the Hr20 :D :D :D On the CC site :D :D ;)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top