TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Nowhere Man...
3,127 Posts
A J Ricaud said:
This site shows the DB-8 as having about 5dB more gain than the 4228 above 50MHz, but I don't know about the directionality:

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ANTENNAS/comparing.html
If we're looking at the same chart, that is Channel 50, not 50MHz. TV Channel 50 is way, way above 50MHz.

And comparing the 4228 (A) to the DB-8 (S), it's really above Channel 52 or so where this chart shows a meaningful difference. The person looking at these antennas should know what channels the digital signals are on. In the few markets I've looked at, I cannot recall many, if any, that were above Channel 50, but that doesn't mean there aren't any (the OP does list some, though).

· Nowhere Man...
3,127 Posts
I use the 4228, and pickup Atlanta's Channel 8 (PBS-Analog) and NBC/WXIA Channel 10 (DTV) & 11 (Analog) very well, some 32+ miles away. In fact, Channel 11 reception is the best with the 4228, more-so than the other analog Atlanta stations such as 17, 30, 36, 46 & 69. Not that they are bad, but the reception on Channel's 8 and 11 are superior with the 4228, and they are VHF! I bought the 4228, however, for the DTV signals, and they start here at Channel 10. It's a great antenna, highly directional. For my location that is OK since most of the signals are within 10-degrees this far from their transmitters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.