TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
Did you bypass the multiswitch to see what happens?
What dish do you have?
Because it happens depending on channel selection, my guess is the multiswitch is malfunctioning.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
Have you swapped the inputs? Since you have a multiswitch, can I assume you have another receiver? How is it acting?
Are the signal strengths good on both inputs? Anything looking weird? Do a signal test when a channel is having the problem to see if the value is jumping around. Another thing to try is to rerun guided setup and make the unit into a single tuner unit. Then see what happens.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
suzyq said:
You know, we've had issues with channel 290 & 291 - they will pixelate when no other channel is having problems. Sometimes it is on a few other, higher channels, but mostly on 290 & 291. I've tried switching tuners, but not checking the mutiswitch. How would I go about checking the multiswitch. Also, how do I check the signal strength on either tuner? I'm wondering if we just have a tree branch that got a little too big?

Any help would be appreciated!
You check the multiswitch by removing it from the system. bypass it using F/F barrel connectors. When you check the signal strength, the screen shows both tuners/inputs.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
A spot beam transponder is only beamed to specific areas in order to broadcast locals to that area. You will only receive channels from the spot beam that is servicing your locale. The other spot beams can still show a signal, but you don't receive any channels from those.

How are you determining that those TPs are giving you are problem?

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
Specific to your question, TPs 18 and 20 are spot beams. Having 50s for 18 is normal if you are not under the beam. TP20 being at 100 tells me that is the spot beam servicing your area. I'll let someone else in the know determine what spot beam your locals are on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.