TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a dual tuner Samsung DVR/Tivo unit. about 6-9 months ago, we started losing signals on certain channels. The loss of signal is purely dependant upon the channel selected on the other tuner. The most problematic channels are USA, TBS, BRAVO, HBOs, Comedy Central, and WGN. For example, in order to watch a show on any one of the above channels, the tuner that is not being viewed, must be on CNN, or TNT, or SCIfi, etc.

Furthermore, 5 weeks ago, the same problematic channels are now sometimes coming in pixalated. I have checked all the wiring, the multiswitch, and all 30 odd transponders are looking good. I have also removed any and all S-video cabling that has caused others ome problems. The only thing left that I can figure is a bad tuner, but I am reticent to give up my Tivo for a new DVR. Plus, 2 years SHOULD not be the lifespan for any electronics. Especially not an established electronics brand.

Any thoughts? Any ideas would be useful...Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really appreciate your help.

I did swap inputs - no effect

The multi switch is inline for future expansion. Currently it is unneccesary, though it has been removed to test the problem.

Have done numerous signal tests - All signal transponder values are good and almost identical for each input.

Ran through the guided setup - no effect

I have not converted the unit to a single tuner unit - My guess is that the unit should work fine as a single tuner unit, but I will convert it back and forth to see if this has an impact.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.