TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Substantive Member
8,012 Posts
Sounds like the problem I have, it happens on a semi-regular basis to me.

· Substantive Member
8,012 Posts
It doesn't fix it, it makes it go away.

I'm hoping if enough people bug D* about this they may fix it sometime. I seem to have the worst case of it.

· Substantive Member
8,012 Posts
Originally posted by spinn74
Anyone else ever pay $1000 for a product with this many issues? Isn't this what beta testing is for?
How many issues do you think it has? You're average PC costs more and has more issues. In this particular case this problem seems to be sufficiently rare that its off D*'s radar, and probably wouldn't have been picked up even if they had done a real beta test. (Unless they gave one to me that is.)

· Substantive Member
8,012 Posts
Originally posted by dr_mal
It would be nice, but from other problems (erroneous guide data message anyone?), it seems that D*'s user-reported bug tracking leaves a lot to be desired. I have a feeling if I called about this problem every day for the next year, I'd get a different rep every time that told me they'd never heard of the problem, and I needed to clear my program data, and that would fix it.
The erroneous guide data message wasn't actually causing anyone any problems, apart from existing and confusing (and annoying) people. They fixed that one inside a few months. The channels not available problem prevents basic operation of the unit (mine missed 2 weeks of recordings while I was on vacation).

Their bug reporting leaves everything to be desired. I've been trying to troubleshoot this myself, and everytime I have great difficulty in persuading even level 2-3 techs that I know what I'm talking about. If they'd just shoot a bug report to engineering (or even my observations of repeatability) something might actually get done. I'm not sure that's happened, dspite the higher level techs have told me they were going to make such a report.

If a tech asks me to clear and delete everything, I can tell them I did and the problem came back. I have a lot of "I did and the problem came back"s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.