TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
OK, I hope someone can help me with this. I've searched all over this forum for two days now and can't find an answer.

I receive my local channels through my apartment complex's cable system (for FREE). Unfortunately they remap the UHF channels.

My problem is this, when I used the channel map module, the channel was remapped to the correct number, but on the satellite connection, NOT the RF connection (that's where my local cable is input). Is there any way to force the remap to happen on channel xx(ant) as opposed to channel xx(sat)?

· Registered
33 Posts
well, i changed those lines and did receive new information in the module, but it already had the correct numbers for those channels. The information it pulled up appeared to be information for the local cable companies in the area. I have my TiVO setup to recognize the local over-the-air channels and those are the ones I need to remap.

I tried to be ingenious and try '$source 2' but that just gave me errors.

Any other ideas?

BTW, I noticed that I never thanked you for a GREAT module. so, THANK YOU!!:D

· Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I got it working the way I wanted. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. The local cable companies map those channels to the place I wanted them, so I just re-ran guided setup and told tivo that I received basic cable instead of an antenna. Now everythings in the right place.

Thanks for all your help though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.