TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to clear out my Roamio Pro and start all over?

I'm leaving Nor. Cal and Comcast country for the desert area of So. Cal... which has Spectrum for cable service. While I was trying to preload and record some premium channel movies up until the day I turn in my CableCard and other Comcast equipment, it dawned on me that I would have to run another Guided Setup for the new channel list and guide, when I establish service (am taking the move-in special rate that won't have any HBO, SHO, etc).

In doing so, could I keep the TiVo'd items on my Roamio and watch them at my leisure without conflicting with the new Spectrum service? Has others moved with kept items on their boxes and had any problems? I'll be leaving in a few days, with probably a gap in service for about a week (yikes! OnePasses and internet service down!)

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
In doing so, could I keep the TiVo'd items on my Roamio and watch them at my leisure without conflicting with the new Spectrum service? Has others moved with kept items on their boxes and had any problems? I'll be leaving in a few days, with probably a gap in service for about a week (yikes! OnePasses and internet service down!)
Yes, you shouldn't have any problems keeping your shows and just rerunning Guided Setup. We did it for my son's TiVo when he moved from home to college (Comcast to FIOS).

Scott

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today is installation day! Am learning this area is still under tuning adapters for TiVo (yikes!) The installer is here as I'm posting, so I'll post back what I gleaned from this install experience...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.