TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend to replace the HD on one of my TiVos. What is the "trick" for getting the Season Passes to repopulate from TiVo?

Thank you.

Berkshire said:
The "trick" I am looking for involves signing up for something on TiVo's web site. That leads to TiVo storing certain personal info, including your season passes, for your box, and that gets repopulated to the box after an HD change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "trick" I am looking for involves signing up for something on TiVo's web site. That leads to TiVo storing certain personal info, including your season passes, for your box, and that gets repopulated to the box after an HD change.

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you use the Zipper to install hacks, TivoWebPlus will backup and restore Season Passes.

I don't know how technical you are, but this is one way people do what you are asking.

·
22 years in Alaska
431 Posts
I think you are talking about TV Gurus. Supposedly you can signup for that and in the process you change you Privacy notice. After a while it is supposed to rebuild your SPs and WLs after you upgrade your HDD.

·
2,352 Posts
lastdeadcat said:
I think you are talking about TV Gurus. Supposedly you can signup for that and in the process you change you Privacy notice. After a while it is supposed to rebuild your SPs and WLs after you upgrade your HDD.
However, this only applies to an upgrade of the same TiVo Service Number. It does not work if you change to a different box.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If you want to replace the working hard drive with a new larger hard drive you need a PC and MFSLive this way you can keep the recordings also.

A known side effect of KidZone and Guru Guide is/was that your personal information like wish lists and season passes gets saved and restored after a hard drive replacement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lastdeadcat said:
That's the one, I think. Does anyone know the details?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts