TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,084 Posts
Only affects Eastern and Central timezones though.

Mountain and Pacific should be just fine.

Preparing to collapse the 5pm news and start 60 Minutes on time even as we speak.

phox

·
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ
14,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phox_mulder said:
Only affects Eastern and Central timezones though.

Mountain and Pacific should be just fine.
I forget sometimes the world does not revolve around me and the East Coast Times :)

Tennis match just ended, have the trophy presentation and wrap up. Looks like a significant shift. Hopefully those watching BB and other CBS shows will catch and pad in time.

·
Nice to see you
11,923 Posts
Einselen said:
Official time for all stations (except for PACNET) is 29 min and 23 seconds.
Can't believe they didn't just fill for an extra 37 seconds, to make things easier on everyone. :D

I assume "PACNET" is internal CBS network talk for "the Pacific time zone feed" -- back when I was a closed-captioner I occasionally talked to folks in the CBS TX (transmission) department, but never heard that one. Probably because I was mainly dealing with either the main Eastern feed, or the feed of "Young and the Restless" at noon ET (mainly picked up by Central time zone stations).

·
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ
14,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
trainman said:
Can't believe they didn't just fill for an extra 37 seconds, to make things easier on everyone. :D
You are telling me. It would have been easy for them to do and nice to do for their affiliates but noooooooooooooooo. Glad I was working tonight or else I would have missed half of BB and that would have made me upset. It is that time of the year again to start padding shows.

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
Crap, well I guess I better start downloading Big Brother right now, then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts