TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until recently I could see my 2nd Tivo under Now Playing. I verified that both boxes are connected to the wireless network but they don't seem to be able to see each other. I need some suggestions on what to do next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Signon to Tivo.com and double check your settings (I've had them reset). Then force a connection on each unit. That usually fixes it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I signed on to my account and verified that both boxes are set to allow transfers. I also went through Settings, Phone & Network, Connect to the Tivo service now on both boxes and they connected succesfully but they still don't show up under Now Playing. Will Tivo Customer Service have any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
mulan said:
Until recently I could see my 2nd Tivo under Now Playing. I verified that both boxes are connected to the wireless network but they don't seem to be able to see each other. I need some suggestions on what to do next.
This happens to me on occasion as well. If the TiVo web site shows that transfers are allowed just restart the units and they should be OK.

Bob
 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,777 Posts
Yes, I agree with the above post by bwit. Last week, a similiar situation happened to me, except my Computer icon was not showing up on the NPL. The TiVo's recognized each other but could not see the computer running the TiVo Desktop software. I restarted each of my 2 TiVo's and the Computer icon magically reappeared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bwit said:
This happens to me on occasion as well. If the TiVo web site shows that transfers are allowed just restart the units and they should be OK.

Bob
If you meant go to Tivo Central, Messages & Settings, Restart or Reset System, Restart the Tivo DVR then that didn't work.

I really don't want to mess with my network because I'm not very confident working with it but do you think that's the way to go? Both boxes see the network name and have fairly good signals.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
1,777 Posts
Are you getting your daily programming update (Messages and Settings, System Information, look for the date and time of the latest update)? Can you access the online features such as Yahoo Weather?

If so, then the wireless connection is good and the problem is somewhere else. Does your computer icon show up on the NPL?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jjberger2134 said:
Are you getting your daily programming update (Messages and Settings, System Information, look for the date and time of the latest update)? Can you access the online features such as Yahoo Weather?

If so, then the wireless connection is good and the problem is somewhere else. Does your computer icon show up on the NPL?
I am getting my programming updates on both boxes. I haven't tried using any online features as yet. I was just happy having 2 boxes that I could transfer between.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just finished speaking to Alex at Networking Support. He walked me through all the things that were suggested in this thread but to no avail. He then asked if there had been any power events recently and when I mentioned one last week he immediately had me power down my router. When the router came back up the problem had been fixed so I could now see the other box on the Now Playing list. He believes the firewall had gone back to the factory settings during the power outage.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top