TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TV Geek/Smoke Eater
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week ago I installed a series 2 and an HD TiVo.
I've been unable to rename the HD Tivo on the Tivo website, but the series 2 was no problem.

Is this part of the "no tivo desktop, or home network, etc" ?

Is this a known issue?

I've also been banging my head against the wall trying to get Comcast's M-card working (also one week) sigh.

I'm dumping DirecTV and switching to cable.
One thing that surprised me was how much better is cable's HD signal.
Comparing identical programs switching between my DirecTV HD Tivo and the new HD Tivo the difference is stunning.

DirecTV has been cranking up the compression settings way too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to Tivo's website, then to Manage my acct
On the upper right of the page, under Related Links, click on Name Your DVRs
From there you can Name or re-name your DVR, allow downloads, etc.

If this does not work, call Customer Support so they can walk you thru it.

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Fireaxe said:
One week ago I installed a series 2 and an HD TiVo.
I've been unable to rename the HD Tivo on the Tivo website, but the series 2 was no problem.

Is this part of the "no tivo desktop, or home network, etc" ?

Is this a known issue?

I've also been banging my head against the wall trying to get Comcast's M-card working (also one week) sigh.

I'm dumping DirecTV and switching to cable.
One thing that surprised me was how much better is cable's HD signal.
Comparing identical programs switching between my DirecTV HD Tivo and the new HD Tivo the difference is stunning.

DirecTV has been cranking up the compression settings way too much.
The naming of the HD TiVos has not been working, its been on this form many times, without MRV the name on your TiVo SI screen has no purpose anyways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
lessd said:
The naming of the HD TiVos has not been working, its been on this form many times, without MRV the name on your TiVo SI screen has no purpose anyways.
My S3 lost its name after I added an esata drive. Been searching the forums to try to figure out how to reset it. Glad to see (sorta) that it is a known problem.

However, I disagree with the "no purpose" opinion. It might not have a purpose for MRV, but the DVR name is referenced for other functions, like when telling Unbox which DVR to download a movie to. Unbox seems to still work regardless, because I downloaded the NBC freebies after the upgrade and they found their way to my "unnamed" DVR.

Peace out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts