TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had Direct TV/DVR for over a year and we have yet to record any programs.
we set it up, and nothing records. what is recorded, we have not set up to record.
I have looked thru the manual and followed the instrux, and still nothing records.

Can anyone help me with this
Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,891 Posts
That's really confusing. You say nothing records. Then you say "what is recorded" which implies that something does record. Could you be more descriptive about what's going on? Does the recording history give any reasons?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
bestgran51 said:
what is recorded, we have not set up to record.
Do you have a Direct TiVo or a Stand-Alone TiVo? If it is a Stand-Alone TiVo then it may just be that TiVo is not changing your Direct TV tuner to the correct channel before recording. If that is the case you may need a fort (you can do a search for much more info on this). The other possibility are that these are siggestions being recorded, but then I am stumped as to why you chose to record has not recorded.
 

·
Neurostim Addict
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
bestgran51 said:
I have looked thru the manual and followed the instrux, and still nothing records.
You have to actually go to the tivo and program it. Reading the manual alone doesn't tell it what you want to watch. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dgh said:
That's really confusing. You say nothing records. Then you say "what is recorded" which implies that something does record. Could you be more descriptive about what's going on? Does the recording history give any reasons?
Programs are recorded - but we havent programmed them to be recorded. they are just there. we have no clue how to record - I have sat down with the manual in one hand and the remote in the other - gone thru all of the instrux from the manual - and it still doesnt record the programs that we "try" to set up. We have the Direct Tivo.
thanks for all of your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,891 Posts
Those are probably suggestions. You can turn them off if you don't want them but the larger problem is not getting the shows you want to record.

Are they in the To Do list?

What reason does the Recording History give?

What happens when you get a season pass?

Please be specific about what is happening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should the programs that I have set up to record be in the to do list - ? the only programs that are on my to do list are ones that we did not set up to record - anything that I have tried to set up has not shown up on the to do list. My husband did something last nite that went thru deleting all of the programs that record daily - it took a couple of hours to complete. we are now hoping that we can start with a clean slate -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,891 Posts
This is bizarre. Yes the programs you set to record should be in the To Do list. Normally suggestions would not be. What programs were in the To Do list? Where they individual recordings, season passes or wish lists? Are you the first person to own this TiVo? Do other people use it or used to use it?

Please tell us more if what you've done doesn't work out.
 

·
Neurostim Addict
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
Indeed, please tell us exactly what you are doing and what happens when you do it. Have you really had the tivo a year and never recorded anything??

To record a program on Live TV now, just press the record button. To record a program later, go to "Pick Programs to Record" in the main menu, and "Record By Title." Type in the title, and when the program shows up in the list to the right, select it. The program screen will come up, where you can select "Record this episode" or "Get a season pass" to record all episodes.
 

·
Just hangin'
Joined
·
30,958 Posts
You can also select a future program to record by using the guide. Find the program you want and hit Select. If you want a Season Pass for that show, that option is shown.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ZikZak said:
Indeed, please tell us exactly what you are doing and what happens when you do it. Have you really had the tivo a year and never recorded anything??

To record a program on Live TV now, just press the record button. To record a program later, go to "Pick Programs to Record" in the main menu, and "Record By Title." Type in the title, and when the program shows up in the list to the right, select it. The program screen will come up, where you can select "Record this episode" or "Get a season pass" to record all episodes.
yes, we have honestly had our tivo for over a year - i never considered me or my husband, stupid, but man, we sure feel that way over this! I will try your suggestions, and let you know if it works. We did get all of the to do list programs deleted - and there is nothing now on that list - so we are starting from scratch. I will let you know, and thank you.
 

·
Cranky old coot
Joined
·
659 Posts
bestgran51 said:
yes, we have honestly had our tivo for over a year .
You have had TiVo for over a year and have never been able to record anything? :eek:

If someone owned it prior to you, go to the Season Pass section and delete anything there you do not want to record. Maybe your hard drive is filling up with recordings made by old season passes (or wishlists) and that is why your recordings are not made. The old season passes would have a higher priority than what you try to set up now.

Good luck. :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top