TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's actually been an ongoing problem, where I watch a show to the end but for some reason it shows up in the Paused Shows list. It's a problem, because I use the Paused Shows list to, well, see if there are shows I haven't finished watching. When it's empty, it doesn't show up, so I know there's nothing to finish watching. But if a completed show is there, then it no longer tells me that I have an unfinished show; it's just always there, whether there are actual unfinished shows or not. Which annoys me mightily.

(What's that, you say? That sounds weird? What, have you never met me?!?)

Typically, I can "fix it by watching it again (skip-to-tick until the last tick, then 30-second-skip to the end). That will almost always work. Once or twice, with an especially stubborn show, I've had to just start playing it and then go away and do something else until it has watched itself, gotten to the end, and timed out to Live TV. And on those occasions that has worked.

But now I have a show where nothing works. It stubbornly remains in the Paused list no matter what I do. Does anybody have any idea how to get it out of there (short of deleting the show, which I don't want to do)? It's driving me crazy. (Well, crazier!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
It's actually been an ongoing problem, where I watch a show to the end but for some reason it shows up in the Paused Shows list. It's a problem, because I use the Paused Shows list to, well, see if there are shows I haven't finished watching. When it's empty, it doesn't show up, so I know there's nothing to finish watching. But if a completed show is there, then it no longer tells me that I have an unfinished show; it's just always there, whether there are actual unfinished shows or not. Which annoys me mightily.

(What's that, you say? That sounds weird? What, have you never met me?!?)

Typically, I can "fix it by watching it again (skip-to-tick until the last tick, then 30-second-skip to the end). That will almost always work. Once or twice, with an especially stubborn show, I've had to just start playing it and then go away and do something else until it has watched itself, gotten to the end, and timed out to Live TV. And on those occasions that has worked.

But now I have a show where nothing works. It stubbornly remains in the Paused list no matter what I do. Does anybody have any idea how to get it out of there (short of deleting the show, which I don't want to do)? It's driving me crazy. (Well, crazier!)

Thanks!
Not sure why you don't want to delete, but in any event no need to skip to tick, just long press skip and it goes to (almost at) the end. Then left arrow should bring up choice to delete or keep. Pressing keep should remove it from the "partially" viewed list while having it remain in shows. Caveat this is TE3 on a Roamio and Bolt.

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure why you don't want to delete, but in any event no need to skip to tick, just long press skip and it goes to (almost at) the end. Then left arrow should bring up choice to delete or keep. Pressing keep should remove it from the "partially" viewed list while having it remain in shows. Caveat this is TE3 on a Roamio and Bolt.
That's how it's always (mostly) worked in the past, but this one simply won't leave the Paused list.

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think I've ever experienced that. If you haven't already done so, a box reboot or delete then recover.
I did try to delete and recover, but that didn't help. I'll try the reboot...

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a new software update this morning, so just for kicks I tried "rewatching" the show...and this time it left the Paused list!

·
I am Groot!
61,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...and now it's worse than ever. Now, any time I watch a show to the end, it goes into the Paused list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts