TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forums and tried several different things and still lose audio sync if I fast forward.

I used the Windows XP Video Codec Checkup Utility (you can download free from Microsoft) and ran it. I have two codecs installed - Ligos MPEG Video Decoder and InterVideo Video Decoder. Since the Ligos codec is not WMP10 compatible, I made the InterVideo codec the default codec.

When I run the video in WMP, I see a message down at the bottom that says, "Connecting ..." and then it downloads a codec.

At this point, if I try to fast forward or skip ahead, the audio no longer syncs up with the video.

What am I missing? Do I have something configured incorrectly?

·
I'm back!
34,356 Posts
I recently downloaded the $15 Intervideo codec and the fast forward and rewind buttons are greyed out. Can't move the slider anywhere in the clip either. Looking for a better codec...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem - have both the Intervideo and NVIDIA codecs (the latter on a 30-day trial).

If I move the slider, it goes back to the original position - so no way to advance video. Very annoying since both these codecs were recommended by Tivo. Am using MediaPlayer 10

Which codecs have people found that work?

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
I am using Cyberlink Audio, Nero Video. Works 100%.

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
I've used Intervideo's WinDVD codec, DScalers's codec, and the one built into VLC with no probs. Other player/codec combinations may give you the features you're looking for. I've used WinDVD, WMP10, ZoomPlayer, VLC with various -positive- results. Others have suggested Core player I think and something similarly named to Windows Media Player.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts