TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen this problem before. On my Series 2 Tivo I have a case where I can't create a season Pass. When I select the program either through the guide or through Find Programs the only options that I get are Record This Program, View all episodes and do nothing. The create Season Pass option is not there.
It is a repeating program.

·
Neurostim Addict
2,894 Posts
You are not given the option to set Season Passes for one-time programs like movies and specials.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ZikZak said:
You are not given the option to set Season Passes for one-time programs like movies and specials.
Yes, this is true. The same thing happened to me. Way I was trying to setup a Season Pass for a movie I have no idea. I thought something was wrong with my TiVo at first. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Box is a standard Tivo Series 2 and I did try rebooting. I can create Season Passes for all other repeating programs.

The program is a series, Sunday Today in New York.
1. I have a season pass for Today in New York (M-F)
2. I have a season pass for Saturday Today in New York.
3. Won't let me create a season pass for Sunday Today in New York

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, all episodes show up in the guide.
Both Saturday Today in NY and Sunday ... play twice.
Sat 6:30 to 7:00 and then 9:00 to 10:00
Sun 6:00 - 6:30 and then 7:00 to 9:00

Guide shows 4 episodes for each one.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
When you bring up the program info screen for Sunday Today in NY and click on View Upcoming Episodes does it show any? They may show up in the Guide, but not be linked properly to indicate a series.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked it 2 ways.
1. I selected the first episode for tomorrow, selected it, selected season pass and other options,and then selected view upcoming episodes and all 4 show up.
2. I used Find Programs, selected the show, view upcoming episodes and all show up.
In both cases no option for create season pass was available.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
jrm01 said:
They may show up in the Guide, but not be linked properly to indicate a series.
That's not how it works. Each individual episode of a series has the information that it is a series and can be set up with a season pass even if no other episodes appear in the guide.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,218 Posts
Everything points to the fact being that the guide info for that program on that day says it's not a series or reoccurring, and thus season pass isn't available to you.

The fact that Season Pass worked for everything but that time/day entry would say that to me.

Diane

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Sounds like you'll have to set up a manual repeat recording for every sunday morning.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anonther interesting problem. I decided to try a Title Wishlist. I set it up, the program shows up but when I select auto record it doesn't get set to record. There are no conflicts. I finally went with the manual recording.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts