TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently changed from cable to Directv HD. I hooked up my series 2 Tivo unit to my satellite receiver and everything works great except for my local channels. When I try to change to a local channel using the Tivo remote it tells me "Channel not available", however when I change to the same channel using the satellite remote it works just fine. When I open the guide in Tivo it shows duplicates of all of my local channels. For instance, it shows 4 KDFW and 4 KDFWDT, 5 KXAS and 5 KXASDT. I assumed those are local HD channels I'm receving so I tried disabling the "DT" channels in Tivo's set up, but that didn't work either. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After messing with the satellite box a little further I've noticed I experience the same issues with the satellite remote. If I enter 5 on the remote it will go to channel 5 and display the channel not available error, but if I then hit channel up it will go to the second channel 5 and work. It appears I only receive one of the dup local channels and the satellite always tries to go to the one that doesn't work first. Is there any way to specify which one it tries first or remove the ones that don't work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Directv HD-20 -- there are 2 local channels. One I do not receive becuase I do not have a 5lnb satellite dish. Fine.

However, if you enter in 004 on the remote, it changes the channel to the wrong one (the local I do not get). Same if the IR changes the channel.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts