TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was able to image my new 400Gb Samsung drive from a backup using the LBA 48 Kernal disc, so far so good....
Today I have come to instal the NIC to find that none of my discs will boot in the PC - including the LBA disc I used last night!
Nothing has changed overnight, new drive still Secondary master, CD still secondary slave, nothing else attached.
Any ideas anybody? :eek:

P.S.

The message I receive is "searching for boot record from CDROM..Not found.

I have chosen "not installed" in the BIOS for Secondary slave but that didn't work.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry all - I've discovered an answer, there's nothing like writing to this forum to crystallise one's thoughts and invoke self-discovery!

I lied, after I imaged my new drive and I turned it off for the night, I removed my backup drive, the IDE cable (from both ends) and the power supply.
I never gave this a thought until 3 hours of aborted rebooting later.
Anyway with the drive attatched on Primary master the cd boots. :)

· VM Tivo User
6,102 Posts
SJC said:
Sorry all - I've discovered an answer, there's nothing like writing to this forum to crystallise one's thoughts and invoke self-discovery!
LOL. You're not the only one. I can think about a problem for ages and not get the answer; until right after I make a post about it somewhere :rolleyes::)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.