TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Cane - 9/25/2007 - Pilot

2K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  Laserfan 
#1 ·
I'm surprised to see no discussion of this new show. I REALLY liked it and am looking forward to more. This is the first time in a long time (other than S60, and we see where that went) that I liked a pilot this much. Let's see where it takes us!

Am I the only one who watched this?

#15 ·
I'm surprised to see the good reviews. I have not seen the show, but have seen plenty of billboards around Los Angeles for it. I kept thinking "this show thinks it is going to be the next 'Sopranos' and I bet it's going to fail big time."

Maybe my psychic powers are failing me! ;)

#19 ·
I was wondering why I liked this show. I figured it out, it's because I loved it 25 years ago when it was called "Dallas" Every character on this show is a mirror of Dallas, We have Jock Ewing, who is gonna die, Miss Ellie will hold family together, We got JR, and Sue Ellen, Bobby, even got Bobby sleeping with rival oil--- I mean sugar grower Digger Barnes daughter Pam, and her scheming brother Cliff. Only one missing is Lucy. If Sue Ellens baby daddy turns out to be ranch hand Ray Crebs I'm outta here... well maybe not.

#20 ·
When I first heard that Jimmy Smits was going to be in the show I had high hopes and was mildly interested, but the teaser ads for the show just looked so Falcon Crest/Dallas/telenovella type that I opted to pass on the show for now. With a fairly crowded fall season, finding the time for an hour long drama isn't so easy, especially if the marketing people have done such a poor job (my opinion) in getting me interested in their product.

I am curious to see how the show holds out though and if it does well in the ratings. It's late for me to toss in Dead Pool picks for this season, but based simply on the ads, I was tempted to put this one on my list.

Hopefully the show will stay on the sched and give fans a chance to watch. If it keeps getting good buzz, then I might actually make the time to catch it.

#24 ·
Animgif said:
I REALLY liked it and am looking forward to more.
We watched the Pilot and liked it so much I had to check if I'd made a Season Pass--good grief No, and Episode 2 starts in 15 minutes! Tivo to the rescue, and glad we have the two tuner S3.

Too bad "Cane" is stuck on "the Old-Timer's network"--best new show so far we think and a clear winner if it can survive CBS!

#26 ·
Laserfan said:
We watched the Pilot and liked it so much I had to check if I'd made a Season Pass--good grief No, and Episode 2 starts in 15 minutes! Tivo to the rescue, and glad we have the two tuner S3.

Too bad "Cane" is stuck on "the Old-Timer's network"--best new show so far we think and a clear winner if it can survive CBS!
Yeah...last night's episode was great! Definitely can't wait for some more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.