TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, i want to sell my old tivo that has a product lifetime subscription attached, can I do this? If so How do i transfer to it the new owner, so it has there name on it.

Write back
Thanks!
Carmine.

·
Dumb Blond
45,277 Posts
Sure, you can do it. While you don't have to, it would be best to let TiVo know you have done so. If you have only this TiVo on your account, log in at tivo.com and change the e-mail address to that of the buyer. They can then change the other details. Otherwise call TiVo Customer Care and request thatthe sold unit be removed from your account.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but it still has my credit card on the account. How Do I Change all this. I dont want them to see my number.

·
Dumb Blond
45,277 Posts
In that case, call TiVo and ask that the box be removed from your account. Then the buyer can set up their own if desired.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
I just bought a series 2 Tivo with a lifetime subscription on Ebay. All I had to do was call Tivo and ask them to put it on my account. When I go to TiVo.com to check my account I can not (as in I'm not allowed to) see any billing history for this Tivo because I'm not the one who activated it. So you shouldn't have to worry about the credit card information. And as far as I know, it will always show up in your account information at Tivo.com

Here's a partial screen shot from my tivo.com account

·
I'm back!
34,373 Posts
http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv090601.htm?

How Do I Transfer My TiVo Service to a New Owner?

Choose the type of TiVo service you want to transfer:

Monthly service – You must first cancel your monthly service: to do so, please contact TiVo Customer Support at 877-367-8486 between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM PST. The new owner of the TiVo Digital Video Recorder (DVR) must then activate service on the DVR. To activate TiVo service, go to tivo.com/activate.

Product Lifetime service – Remember that Product Lifetime service accompanies the DVR, not the person. For more information on Product Lifetime service, see Product Lifetime Service. To transfer your Product Lifetime service to a new owner, either you or the new owner must call TiVo Customer Support at 877-367-8486 between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM PST. If you call, please have the contact information available for the new owner.

·
Mentally Hilarious
2,646 Posts
pdhenry said:
http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv090601.htm?

How Do I Transfer My TiVo Service to a New Owner?

Choose the type of TiVo service you want to transfer:

Monthly service – You must first cancel your monthly service: to do so, please contact TiVo Customer Support at 877-367-8486 between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM PST. The new owner of the TiVo Digital Video Recorder (DVR) must then activate service on the DVR. To activate TiVo service, go to tivo.com/activate.

Product Lifetime service – Remember that Product Lifetime service accompanies the DVR, not the person. For more information on Product Lifetime service, see Product Lifetime Service. To transfer your Product Lifetime service to a new owner, either you or the new owner must call TiVo Customer Support at 877-367-8486 between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM PST. If you call, please have the contact information available for the new owner.
Why the F doesn't Tivo let you cancel service online? It would take two seconds to do it instead now I've got to sit on hold for 50,000 hours waiting to talk to somebody. BS!

·
Registered
155 Posts
gtrogue said:
Why the F doesn't Tivo let you cancel service online? It would take two seconds to do it instead now I've got to sit on hold for 50,000 hours waiting to talk to somebody. BS!
You've answered your own question. ;) They want the chance to talk you out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts