TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to manage the files on the Tivo from your home PC? Or does that have to be done with the Tivo remote control? I set up the Tivo desktop. But that seems just concerned with making content available on the Tivo or transferring content from the Tivo to the PC.

·
Dumb Blond
45,329 Posts
If you're talking about setting up season passes, deleting shows, etc. - not with the standard software. A "hacked" TiVo can run TiVoWebPlus which can do a lot of things.

What sort of "file management" did you have in mind? Most of what you see on a a TiVo isn't a file, it's data in a database.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would ideally like to be able to setup season passes, delete files - well really everything you can do through the remote control...only via PC. Sounds like that TivoWeb hack might do the trick. Will I blow my lifetime subscription or anything if I try that?

·
Dumb Blond
45,329 Posts
Your lifetime sub won't be affected, but you'll have to open the box and install some custom software with the disk pulled out and connected to your PC. Also, if you have one of the newer "nightlight" TiVo models, a complicated hardware modification is also needed.

For more info, check out the Underground section of the forum.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You can queue recordings and setup season passes using "Online Scheduling" or thru YahooTV. Unfortunately, neither supports management of what's already on the TiVo (ToDo list, Now Showing, etc).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts