TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering.... With the Liberty Media takeover of Directv, if Liberty decides to go with TIVO again, are we all stuck with the HR20 interface, or can new TIVO software be downloaded into the HR20?

·
Cracker Soul
2,492 Posts
lancelot said:
I'm wondering.... With the Liberty Media takeover of Directv, if Liberty decides to go with TIVO again, are we all stuck with the HR20 interface, or can new TIVO software be downloaded into the HR20?
As a technical excercise it's probably possible. If TiVo can get their software running on Motorola cable boxes I can't imagine that the HR20 couldn't run the software.

I think it's unlikely in the current environment. In a year or so as DTV is trying to migrate the TiVo holdouts, the Echostar case is settled, the cable deals have gone live, and the existing TiVo deal expiration is starting to loom the environment might be right.

The bottom line is that if you commit to DirecTV for two more years you should expect to be using an HR20 with DirecTV DVR software for those two years.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
So I've read from others - but the DirecTV evangelists seem to think that's hard to believe. They always have folks over here telling us what modern marvel of technology it is. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.