TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know SIR-S2020R is an RID unit, can I run 6.2? It is currently running 3.1.1 and I like to keep all current recording, is it possible? If not, can I put the Philip DSR7000 6.2 images on this receiver? Thanks.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This unit was hacked back when it was 3.1.1 and it has not been update to 6.2, can I update this unit to 6.2 without loosing any of my recording? It's my kids tivo and I don't want to loose all their recording.

· Just a boring dude
36,220 Posts
if you have telnet access you can get it to 6.2 via slices without losing recordings (unless you used sleeper then it gets complicated)
check dellanave.com for details.

· Registered
32 Posts
sangleweb said:
I know SIR-S2020R is an RID unit, can I run 6.2? It is currently running 3.1.1 and I like to keep all current recording, is it possible? If not, can I put the Philip DSR7000 6.2 images on this receiver? Thanks.
Is it connected to a phone line? I just got a Hughes DVR80 that had 3.1.1 on it. After going through the set up I did a daily call and it downloaded 6.2. Since the download is over the phone line it took over an hour to download. You'll then need to reboot the unit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.