TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purcashed a newer tivo series 2 but its model is tcd540040.
I am giving my sister in law an old tivo I purchased last year, and although its a series 2 its model no. is tcd240040.

I would like to transfer all the shows I had on the older tcd240040 and put them on the tcd540040 and I also am planning on upgrading the hd.

I just backed up both drives. It seems the newer one has some new features that the older series 2 may not have, but I want to know if I can use the old image on the newer one? can anyone tell me? thanks

·
Registered
991 Posts
cybergal24 said:
I recently purcashed a newer tivo series 2 but its model is tcd540040.
I am giving my sister in law an old tivo I purchased last year, and although its a series 2 its model no. is tcd240040.

I would like to transfer all the shows I had on the older tcd240040 and put them on the tcd540040 and I also am planning on upgrading the hd.

I just backed up both drives. It seems the newer one has some new features that the older series 2 may not have, but I want to know if I can use the old image on the newer one? can anyone tell me? thanks
Nope. Can't do that. The software is different for the two different models.

Suggestion: keep the 240 and give away the 540. The 540 model is a "cost reduced" version of the older series 2 hardware and is inferior in several ways (slower networking, for example).

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
BTW, both have the same software features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts