TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I could, but much to my anger, frustration and disappointment, I was told by a Sony TiVo lady that I can't.

I have no phone line in my house and I couldn't afford a sub even if I did. All I want is the Trick Play and recording capabilities.

Does anyone here know a way around this issue, or am I doomed to have a $200 box sit useless in my entertainment center?

Thanx.

·
Dumb Blond
45,249 Posts
You probably can. Almost all SVR-2000s can record without a sub, Just a few, which came from the factory with TiVo software version 2, cannot. Unfortunately it's very hard to tell which is which.

Send a Private Message to user TiVoJerry, give your TiVo Service Number (starts with 001), and explain that you want to use the TiVo without a sub. If a "Clear and Delete Everything" had been done on your box, that reset the flag that allows unsubbed recording and Jerry can set it on the TiVo server. You then have the TiVo "make a daily call" and, if your box is eligible, recording will be restored.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stevel said:
You probably can. Almost all SVR-2000s can record without a sub, Just a few, which came from the factory with TiVo software version 2, cannot. Unfortunately it's very hard to tell which is which.

Send a Private Message to user TiVoJerry, give your TiVo Service Number (starts with 001), and explain that you want to use the TiVo without a sub. If a "Clear and Delete Everything" had been done on your box, that reset the flag that allows unsubbed recording and Jerry can set it on the TiVo server. You then have the TiVo "make a daily call" and, if your box is eligible, recording will be restored.
Thank you very much. If you are correct, and I have one that can be enabled, then it should be as easy as taking it to someone's house and plugging it into the phone line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts