TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a high speed internet connection, so I can't set up a network. I do have a laptop and was wondering if I can transfer shows I have recorded on my Tivo (Series 2 DVR Software Version 7.2 non-DirecTV) box to my PC, either via the Tivo2Go service, or possibly from the USB/S-Video connections on the Tivo box.

From what I saw about the Tivo2Go, it looks like I absolutely need a network, but I thought their might be another way for those without a high speed connection.

Thanks.

· Registered
978 Posts
You don't need the Internet to have a home net. Local networks were around for years before the Internet connected them together.

Although you can connect your home network to your dial-up access if you like.

· bla
87 Posts
Couple of options:
1. You can setup a home network (cabled) and have your laptop talk with your tivo on that and still hook up to the wireless network as well
2. You could get a wireless adapter for your TiVo and add it to your neighbor's network as well (with his permission of course). It doesn't use that much bandwidth

· Still Learning
390 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.