TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I take tivo on vacation with me. I am assuming I will have to setup to work with new cable system. Any comments appreciated.
Tim

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
You bought it, it's yours. The subscription is not limited to any location. You can take it wherever you want.

·
Registered
27,261 Posts
There's a caveat to taking it with you. If you stay within the 50 United States, you won't have a problem as long as you're willing to go through Guided Setup again and download new program data.

Canada recently got TiVo, so I don't think taking your TiVo north of the border should be a problem.

However, outside of the US and Canada you would have a problem, mostly due to a lack of TiVo service. But even in the UK, which has TiVo, they have an incompatible TV system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got TIVO for my Dad, Problem is TIVO Banner Channel letters are to small for him to see when changing on a 27" Sony. Who knows if you can make the Channel letters bigger to help those over 50?

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
RonDawg said:
There's a caveat to taking it with you. If you stay within the 50 United States, you won't have a problem as long as you're willing to go through Guided Setup again and download new program data.

Canada recently got TiVo, so I don't think taking your TiVo north of the border should be a problem.

However, outside of the US and Canada you would have a problem, mostly due to a lack of TiVo service. But even in the UK, which has TiVo, they have an incompatible TV system.
He can still take it with him. :p

·
Giant Forehead Dude
311 Posts
The best way to take tivo with you on vacation, is orb.com

Check it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RonDawg said:
True, but depending where he goes it'll be little more than a doorstop :eek:
Here's where we mention that outiside North America he's probably not going to find an NTSC signal anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts