TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving onto a Win7 computer, and need to reinstall a lot of my software. I have tons of downloaded TIVO files I need to convert to regular video files. I'm no computer whiz- I know how to use dump, and I want to just use that, for now. Is there anywhere safe to still find the program for download? I found something in one place, but I was nervous about its safety.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,219 Posts
A) I do not learn new software easily.
B) The files are already downloaded, I simply need to convert them.
KMTTG can work on files already downloaded. Once KMTTG is setup, with MAK, etc. Go to Files tab, Click Add button to add to the list window, Check Decrypt up on top, Select as many files as you want and click Start Job. It will go through and decrypt them one by one.

KMTTG does download as well, but only when you are using one of the Tivo tabs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KMTTG can work on files already downloaded. Once KMTTG is setup, with MAK, etc. Go to Files tab, Click Add button to add to the list window, Check Decrypt up on top, Select as many files as you want and click Start Job. It will go through and decrypt them one by one.

KMTTG does download as well, but only when you are using one of the Tivo tabs.
It scares me to death, but I'll try it.
First, where do I find it.
Second, will it matter that the files are from 2 different tivos,and may have 2 different MAKs

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,219 Posts
It scares me to death, but I'll try it.
First, where do I find it.
Second, will it matter that the files are from 2 different tivos,and may have 2 different MAKs
The creator is Moyekj, he has link in his sig to where to download. You would need Java 8, at least, installed for it to work.

If you know what MAK goes with which .TiVo files, you can set under Config and only select those files for decrypt. Repeat for the others.

You may find KMTTG easier to use then DSD. Plus, more features than DSD.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,219 Posts
Do I just go 'get' it somewhere and install it?
For Java, yes. Can get it from java.com for your type of computer/OS.

For KMTTG, the files are all packed into a single file, Some OS lets you open it and then you can just copy all the files/folders to a folder (KMTTG, for example.) Then, you just open kmttg.jar (after java is installed.)

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,219 Posts
BTW, DSD is also a part of KMTTG.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.