TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker with a quick question. I've had my 10-250 for 2 years now, and want to keep it as long as possible. However, my #1 viewing priority is college football, and I'm not 100% clear on whether FSN games that are broadcast in HD will be available in all instances with the HR10-250.

I live in Big XII country, so FSN is a key channel in the lineup. I do remember a couple of times last year I was able to tune to a channel in the 90s and watch FSN HD college football games (it looked spectacular, BTW).

However, this seemed to get hit-or-miss as the year went on, and in the final weeks, it seems like I would only find a black screen in the 90s when I'd try to watch a game I knew FSN was broadcasting in HD.

So two general questions: 1) how many CFB games is FSN likely to broadcast this season (most should be national feeds?) 2) will I be able to watch all of them on my HR10-250, or will it only be available in MPEG-4?

Appreciate any answers and apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

·
Cracker Soul
2,494 Posts
SynTex said:
So two general questions: 1) how many CFB games is FSN likely to broadcast this season (most should be national feeds?) 2) will I be able to watch all of them on my HR10-250, or will it only be available in MPEG-4?

Appreciate any answers and apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.
No idea on #1, but on #2, the regional sports HD channels that have been promised will be MPEG4. DirecTV may simulcast some of them on 95, but not all of them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Channel 95 will do some college football games in HD....as far as I can tell from past years, they will all be FSN games. However, that's 1 game...or at most 2...per Saturday in HD.

If you had DTVs DVR, you would probably be able to get YOUR local FSN in HD. This will help with any game that they broadcast.

So...short answer is that you probably won't get "all instances" of games in HD with the HR10-250...but if this year is like last year, you'll most likely get a game each Sat, and it will likely be an FSN game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.