TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tivoholic
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lifetime S2 and a second TiVo for which I'm paying $6.95/month.

With this new Circuit City deal, I'm wondering, can I just replace my second TiVo with the HD TiVo and continue paying $6.95/month?

If that is possible, what would be the disadvantages to this (other than the fact that one of my TiVos is analog??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a similar question.

I have a lifetime Series 2 and a second Series 2 for which I pay $6.95 per month (MSD).

Can I ADD the new Tivo HD to my existing two Series 2's and pay an additional $6.95 per month for the MSD on the TiVo HD, or do I have to swap one of my current Series 2's for the new HD?

My goal is to have all 3 TiVos active; one lifetime, and the other two at $6.95/month each.

Possible?

·
Tivoholic
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rainwater said:
You should be able to login to tivo.com and change the TSN of your 2nd TiVo to the new one your purchase.
Oh geez, I can't believe it's that easy! What have I been waiting for?!? :p

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
jgriffithslaw said:
I have a similar question.

I have a lifetime Series 2 and a second Series 2 for which I pay $6.95 per month (MSD).

Can I ADD the new Tivo HD to my existing two Series 2's and pay an additional $6.95 per month for the MSD on the TiVo HD, or do I have to swap one of my current Series 2's for the new HD?

My goal is to have all 3 TiVos active; one lifetime, and the other two at $6.95/month each.

Possible?
Yes. Log on at tivo.com, go to your account and add the TSN of the HD there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too have an S3 with lifetime sub transferred from a now defunct S1 and an S2 at $6.95/month. I have been wanting to get the TiVo HD to replace my S2 but will prolly wait until TiVo To Go is activated on the S3/HD.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I recently spoke with a CS @ Tivo about this issue. I wanted to cancel a S2 msd. she suggested I transfer the msd to another tivo otherwise I'd lose the msd.

I post this to clarify that a person needs to transfer an existing $6.95 tivo service to a new unit. There's probably finer points I don't understand but that was the gist of the conversation with the CSR.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
alyssa said:
I recently spoke with a CS @ Tivo about this issue. I wanted to cancel a S2 msd. she suggested I transfer the msd to another tivo otherwise I'd lose the msd.

I post this to clarify that a person needs to transfer an existing $6.95 tivo service to a new unit. There's probably finer points I don't understand but that was the gist of the conversation with the CSR.
In what context was this? It contradicts what TiVo allows you to do on the website.

·
Registered
31 Posts
alyssa said:
Now I am slightly confused. I do NOT want to transfer my current MSD from my series 2 to a new TiVo HD. I want to ADD a new TiVo HD to my existing two Series 2's and get essentially a SECOND MSD for the TiVo HD.

Again, is this possible? Is there a limit to how many MSD's one can have on their account? Do I have to specifically transfer an MSD from an existing TiVo to a new one, thereby rendering the old one useless?

I appreciate people's input here, and am not trying to be dense. Its just that alyssa's post stated that a person needs to transfer an existing MSD to a new unit, and if that's true, I'll probably wait on the TiVo HD.

·
Registered
671 Posts
jgriffithslaw said:
Yup, that's exactly what I have...

EDIT: clarify my signature block, my Phillips is lifetime, one of the S2's is lifetime, the second S2 and the S3 are @ $6.95 each.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Sorry for my earlier confusing post-I try to be clear then my brain gets in the way :rolleyes:

If a new tivo is added to an existing account at the current rate of $16.95/month and a msd is applied the total cost is $10.95 unless one of two things occur
a)service is transfered from another tivo or
b) the subscriber agrees to a 3 year contract at which point the monthly rate drops to $12.95 minus $6=$6.95.

The MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT reduces the Monthly TiVo service or TiVo Plus service subscription fee by $6.00 per month while in compliance with all applicable Initial Qualification and General Eligibility requirements on new eligible TiVo service subscription activations (not existing TiVo service subscriptions). Only new full-priced monthly TiVo service or TiVo Plus service subscription activations (including monthly service only and monthly TiVo Packages) are eligible to receive the MULTI-SERVICE DISCOUNT.
https://www3.tivo.com/abouttivo/policies/tivomultiservicediscountagreement.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts