TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a Comcast HD PVR installed. BTW it is inferior to Tivo in every way except the HDTV thing. Anyway, what I want to do is be able to record to the Comcast PVR, dump to Tivo (maybe a few days later) and then send to PC via wireless network. Then burn a DVD from my PC. Can I do this? I am prepared to continue my Tivo subscription and actually this is my preferred route. My other alternative is to buy a DVD recorder and just burn directly (Comcast to DVD recorder then to DVD). I would prefer the alternative using Tivo and Tivo2Go, but don't know if it would work. I don't care about HD on the DVD just want HD while watching the original the original show. I have my Comcast box set up using optical and component to TV, but would use composite and R L audio for Tivo. TIA.
Guy

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
If they haven't disabled your firewire ports you may be able to get video directly off the Comcast box (6412?) to a PC or Mac with no encryption. It's probably been a year since I messed around with this so it's possible my info is outdated. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same set up. I have a 280hr tivo (home upgrade from 40hr) in the living room and a Cox DVR in the bedroom. I've done a lot of digging on the net and everything I've come across so far suggests that the DVR is disabled from allowing digital file transfers. Your only choice is to do a real time transfer like from VCR to tivo.

My advice if your serious about transfers is to buy another tivo and network them. I'm giving up the DVR soon and getting a tivo for the bedroom instead. With the networking, it will make transfers a snap and you can "to go" anything off either unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts