TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Save the Moderatоr
34,402 Posts
I've used two S-card CableCARDS in a Series 3 and an antenna. Guided setup will lead you through setting what is active. You won't lose recordings going through guided setup. It does reset guide information, but forcing a few connections to TiVo over the network after it's all done will get that handled quicker than waiting a day for it to happen on its own schedule.

OTA channels all have a "-" in them; they'll be alongside any similarly numbered channels available via the CableCARD... for example, a channel 7-1 and a channel 7 can coexist, the latter being a cable channel, the former being an ATSC channel. You can remove any channels from the "channels I receive" list just like you can do with cable channels.

You may need to adjust OnePass info if any were associated with one channel and now you want them associated with a different one.

· Save the Moderatоr
34,402 Posts
Any idea what I was doing wrong that it wasn't allowing me to add the antenna?

Were some S3 Tivos different and didn't allow an antenna with cable cards installed?
https://support.tivo.com/SupportPor...Setup_Configuration/Guided-Setup-Series3-DVRs

1) Begin Guided Setup: Review service terms, activate service (if necessary), and enter your ZIP code.

2) Choose your TV programming source:
* Choose cable only if you are using basic cable or CableCARDs.
* Choose cable & antenna if you are using basic cable or CableCARDs and a digital antenna.
* Choose antenna only if you are only using a digital antenna as your programming source.

NOTE: If you are waiting for cable service, choose cable only (or cable & antenna if you have an antenna).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.