TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought another Tivo from Ebay the other day & allowed it to do a daily call (mainly just to check that the modem worked), after this it has shown 'account closed'.
A couple of days after this I tried installing a cachecard into the new Tivo, this was no problem but when I booted up & tried to telnet to the box, it won't let me connect.
I thought that this might be a problem with the telnet daemon or something, so I checked if I could still ping the box... I couldn't.

So my question is this, is there something with 'account closed' Tivo's which blocks all the services such as Telnet/cachecard drivers from running?

Just to recap,
1. Tivo boots up
2. As I get the little Tivo logo jumping around the screen, I can ping the box no problem.
3. Once the boot up is complete & the Tivo is on the main menu, I can't ping the box at all.

Cheers
Gordon

· Tweaked and poked
1,053 Posts
My account closed TiVo works just fine with a cachecard. The only annoyance is the daily message telling me it's closed. I suspect it's something else - are you sure the card is seated perfectly? Do you get the caching messages when it powers up?

· It wasn't me.
1,383 Posts
Gordon:

Account status doesn't affect connectivity. So it sounds like configuration to me - but unless you have PPP connectivity (hard), you'll have to run nic_config_tivo with the drive pulled to check the settings.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ColinYounger said:
Gordon:

Account status doesn't affect connectivity. So it sounds like configuration to me - but unless you have PPP connectivity (hard), you'll have to run nic_config_tivo with the drive pulled to check the settings.
I checked the settings & it all seems fine. Like I said, I can ping the box no problem then it just times out.

The caching messages appear ok & the card seemed to be seated correctly.

I reckon I'll have to pull the drive, set it to debug, put the drive back in, boot up & then pull the drive again & check out the logs.

Cheers
Gordon

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ColinYounger said:
Gordon - it's interesting that Ian is having a similar problem here
Thanks Colin,
One thing I should have mentioned is that the Tivo I'm installing the card on is a 2 drive Tivo & I'm only pulling one of the drives to install the cachecard drivers onto.

Could it be that I need to pull both drives?

Cheers
Gordon

· tivoheaven.co.uk
2,882 Posts
You didn't enable "full test" mode on the cachecard drivers did you?

That disables the network connection after doing some tests....

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blindlemon said:
You didn't enable "full test" mode on the cachecard drivers did you?

That disables the network connection after doing some tests....
Thanks for the reply b.l,
That sounds pretty much like what I'm seeing, how is 'full test' mode enabled/disabled?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.