TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
txagfan said:
You are crying about paying $1.95 for cable cards? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:
One thing you don't seem to understand is that Cable is a BUSINESS. They open their doors everyday to make money. I don't think $1.95 is a big deal at all when you opened your wallet and paid $300 for a dvr. You want digital services that the cable company has to regurlarly make deals with the programmers i.e. ESPN that raise their rates every year for the cable co to broadcast, but you don't want to pay a digital outlet fee. How else are they going to raise the money for constantly rising broadcast fees other than passing it on to the consumer. They aren't just going to take a loss, they are going to make the people who want the digital services to pay for it. As for the cards in the box, an HD DVR uses one M-stream card, not two S cards.
Then they should charge more for the actual service, not the device used to get the service.

I should be able to go out and buy a cablecard, just like I can go out and buy a phone. Being forced to rent the device from the same company that provides the service is just asking to be reamed. We learned this years ago with the phone company.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.