TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked other tv's in the house and the cable signal is fine.. but TIVO says it can't find one. It's sorta rare but happening more frequently like something is getting worse. Get the TIVO blue-screen of death. It'll go out for hours at a time.
Of course I checked all the cables to and from the TIVO. Checked some of the coaxial too since it wraps 1/2 around my room to get to my setup. I'm wondering if my TIVO is just getting old... or the cable box itself. Need to vacumn out some dust and stuff back there.

Not much help at the official forums on this but a few other people who said they have the same problem. Just got through doing a reboot too.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well.. it is a PIA to get back there in the dust and wire jungle but I looked anyway. Problem is this Panasonic plasma doesn't have coaxial input. All I could do was restart the box and the TIVO. I don't know what else I can do. Still won't work. After hours and hours it'll eventually come back on and then sometimes go off and on for a few days till it operates 100%. I live in Florida so I think it has something to do with the daily storms we are having right now. It's giving the TIVO a brain fart.

· Registered
2,642 Posts
I assume that when you get the blue screen that you also cannot display any Tivo menus. This would indicate that it is not a signal issue, but that the TV is not receiving any signal from the Tivo.

How do you have the Tivo connected to the TV? What model is the Tivo?

If you are using HDMI it is sometimes necessary to reset or restart the TV also. If there is a reset button on the TV (usually a small hole that you insert a pencil into) try it. If not, unplug the TV for 10-15 minutes and plug it back in.

The other problem (can't find a channel) does sound like a signal problem and/or cable box problem. Do you have another shorter piece of coax that you can temporarily run straight accross the room from the wall outlet to see if that solves the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.