TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
very strange. My guess would be that the cc2 is defective, but it is starnge that it would affect cc1 also.

BTW I'm also in Pittsburgh and have had (of course) mixed success with the tech guys. One or two really do know what they are doing, most not.

On one occassion I was able to get the tech to swap out one card just because it had a different firmware version and I wanted the two to match. He did, and it seemed to work. Mine are both version 1045. You can check this by going to Settings => Account Info => Diagnostics.

The Copy protection Key 0x00 just means the station you are tuned to does not have copy protection. Any other number indicates copy protection. If it first said 0x03 and changed to 0x00 it implies that you changed channels on that tuner to a non-protected channel.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Mike:

great news. Know you'll enjoy it, especially with the Steelers in HD this Saturday (maybe even enjoy the Pirates on Fox HD on Saturday also).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.