TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After stupidly thinking I had a 300 hour DVR/DVD burner, I've realized it's just the 300 hour DVR. (ok, ok, laugh all you want but YOU try dealing with Christmas shopping around here.) I'm returning that one and buying a new one. I currently have a Panasonic DVD burner hooked up to my 80 hour Series 2, which works fine, but I really wanted to have the faster recording speeds of a built in DVD burner. My friend is able to record 6 Simpsons shows in about 10 minutes! I'm sick of recording in real time and not being able to do anything else while it records. My options are:

A) Factory renewed 80 hr Humax Tivo/DVD burner from Tivo.com

B) 40 hr Humax Tivo/DVD burner from Tivo

C) 40 hr Humax Tivo/DVD burner from Circuit City type store for about $50 more than option B.

Which should I do and WHY????

edited to add I have already purchased the Tivo network adapters so that I can run them off of my home network. Thanks!

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice! I just ordered the refurbed 80 hr one. I appreciate the input.

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi TivoEvan

I just wanted to say your post is very clear and understandable!! I wish more of the stuff I read on the more "tech" forums were like this - though the tekkies would be bored stiff, I'm sure. :) Thanks for taking the time to explain something so well - even though I didn't ask this particular question, it's appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.