TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions what to do to replace the numbers and junk that are wearing off my dtivo peanut remote? does anyone out there make rub on decal so anything. :confused:

·
Proud Computer Geek
1,516 Posts
There is always a Sharpie. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
A friend of mine (who has jelly fingered kids) showed me a great trick. He took his newly acquired remotes down to a friend at Blockbuster and they heat shrinkwrapped them. The very thin plastic layer didn't interfere with its operation but sealed it from dust and ****...and helped prevent the legends from rubbing off. Worked great.

Tom J

·
Not So Notable Member
13,570 Posts
Do you really need to be able to read the label for each button on the remote? I use my remote mostly by feel, not sight, and if I need to look at the remote, I still don't need to read the labels because it's kind of obvious what each button is for based on its location.

Also, how much are new peanut remote anyway? I did not think they were that expensive if you really need one with legible labels.

·
Got TV?
190 Posts
The 30 second skip print is starting to come off on mine. It's been over a year now, so I guess that would make sense. I think I will use my HR10s peanut remote to control the R10 for now since I am using the Harmony 880 to control the HR10. As far as price goes $29 gets you a replacement from Weakness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts