TiVo Community Forum banner

Burn Notice June 30, 2011 "Mind Games"

3059 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Idearat
Besides Sharon Gless looking much better and less ragged than when the show started, there was an interesting item at the 54:00 mark.

While talking by the street, just after getting the money from Jesse, what looks like a Google StreetView car passes behind them. It's got the multi-camera module up on the mast as it passes by, from left to right. White car, green door, red camera.

Now I'm going to have to surf around and see if anyone found a street view that shows them filming.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
I'm not reading your post because I haven't seen it yet but last night's episode was actually supposed to be titled "Bloodlines".

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/theshow/episodeguide/episodes/s5_bloodlines/index.html
Guide Data mix-up.

Mind Games is actually next week's episode; looks like we'll have to remember to record it manually.
I am glad they went back to helping others. The show was always better when the gang all took park. Yes, Sharon does look a lot nicer this year. I like the story line about her talking more about her abusive husband.
I thought it was weird that Sharon Gless' hairdo changed at the end of the episode. It was straight for the whole episode until the epilogue, in which it was curly.

Strange that the CIA would waste a top operative like Michael on a babysitting job. Isn't the CIA prohibited from operating on US soil?
Besides Sharon Gless looking much better and less ragged than when the show started, there was an interesting item at the 54:00 mark.

While talking by the street, just after getting the money from Jesse, what looks like a Google StreetView car passes behind them. It's got the multi-camera module up on the mast as it passes by, from left to right. White car, green door, red camera.

Now I'm going to have to surf around and see if anyone found a street view that shows them filming.
lol...thanks for confirming I wasn't crazy! I swear I saw that too.
btw...the set people have to do a better job. In one scene she's banging on the bathroom door after the nuclear guy and the entire walls are shaking. Looked totally cheap.
Engadget confirmed it was the google street view car.
I actually paused and showed it to Mrs. Chocophile. She was not as impressed as I was.
I saw a Steet View car today. Same green doors, same red camera head. Hopefully some hardcore geek will find the Burn Notice filming on StreetView and post about it in a conspicuous place. The face-blurring bit might make a little tough to make out, but the rest of the scene ( and camera crew ) should make it stand out.
I thought it might have been a Google SV car. But I just dismissed it as some sort of advertisement for a business. Like putting a giant bug on top of an exterminator's van.

Hopefully some hardcore geek will find the Burn Notice filming on StreetView and post about it in a conspicuous place. The face-blurring bit might make a little tough to make out, but the rest of the scene ( and camera crew ) should make it stand out.
I was hoping to see that post too.

btw...the set people have to do a better job. In one scene she's banging on the bathroom door after the nuclear guy and the entire walls are shaking. Looked totally cheap.
Yeah. That was totally cheesy and weak. You'd think they could do a better job.
Fi is really kickass!
I thought it was weird that Sharon Gless' hairdo changed at the end of the episode. It was straight for the whole episode until the epilogue, in which it was curly.
I thought it might be part of her "I'm the nurse" disguise but I guess it was just poor continuity editing?
Someone spotted the Burn Notice filming from the Street View perspective.

http://g.co/maps/tdttq

That IS cool. It's great that someone finally found it on Google Streetview.

It's amazing that Sharon looks that good at her age with how much she smokes. Hey! She doesn't have a ciggie on the set.
Was that the correct scene? I thought the scene that the Google streetview car drove past had Michael and his mom in the same shot?
Was that the correct scene? I thought the scene that the Google streetview car drove past had Michael and his mom in the same shot?
That befuddled me too. I wonder if the car ended up driving through more than once. The images on Google Maps show the car driving south which seems to match the direction on Burn Notice. I downloaded and watched the end of that episode again to see it again and you did see both Michael and Maddie in the shot when it passed in the background, not matching what see in Google Maps.

I stepped through and found one show=t where a member of the crew was waving at the SV car. Also, in front of the car is a red SUV that I think I saw in the background on Burn Notice.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.