TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Burn Notice 9/20/2007 (S01E11) "Loose Ends"

4K views 38 replies 32 participants last post by  jstack 
#1 ·
Obviously not all questions about the Burn Notice got answered. I'm having trouble figuring out what sort of mission required they first isolate Michael as they did. At least I hope the writers come up with a good excuse for the burn notice... otherwise I'm gonna be pissed. :)

#4 ·
I hope there's some way to keep the Sam character around in the next season. He is hilarious.

It was nice to watch a two hour finale for once that didn't feel like a padded hour episode. Enough twists and turns to keep it interesting but not so many to make me sit back in disbelief.

The Cadillac is about the only product placement on an NBC Universal channel that makes sense.

#5 ·
Sirius Black said:
A well spent 2 hours. I can't place the voice of the woman on the phone. It's curious that whenever the mysterious voice is talking Fiona is nowhere to be found.
It wasn't her voice, although it did sound familiar...
ElJay said:
It was nice to watch a two hour finale for once that didn't feel like a padded hour episode. Enough twists and turns to keep it interesting but not so many to make me sit back in disbelief.
Probably because there were two stories. Both the drug-runner thing and the Burn Notice thing could easily have been individual episodes.
ellinj said:
Anyone know if this show has been renewed?
Yes, they said at the end of the show that it's coming back next summer.

#14 ·
Cainebj said:
My only complaint about this show and episode is that it ended.

One of the best of the summer.
I groaned out loud at the end thinking I'd have to wait til next summer to see what happens next ;) :up:
+1 I really liked this show! I liked a couple others too -- all non-network, so to speak. :up:

#20 ·
Watched this last night and loved it. I'm wondering if the job they have for Michael is risky enough that they wanted him desperate. I liked the truck scene, but they're going to have to bust out of window of the caddy to get him out, unless the truck is just to transport him somewhere. Not enough room to open the doors.

#22 ·
It's entirely possible that the voice on the phone is just a temporary voice actor. Because the second season is so far off it's possible they haven't cast her yet. With that said, I still think it's Audrey Landers as well. My first thought was that it sounded like Fiona.

#24 ·
tivogurl said:
USA's summer shows (The 4400, Burn Notice) have been enjoyable, but I hate the 13 episode seasons. If the shows are successful, why doesn't USA bump them up to 18-20 episodes a season?
At least some of their success comes from being summer shows when they have less competition. Shows on networks like USA get lost in the network push during the regular season, so counter programming is one way to succeed.

#25 ·
tivogurl said:
USA's summer shows (The 4400, Burn Notice) have been enjoyable, but I hate the 13 episode seasons. If the shows are successful, why doesn't USA bump them up to 18-20 episodes a season?
Yeah! I think of the summer shows as trial runs for a full season :D And I'd think they'd move them over to the network! (Dreamer that I am).

It seems to me that there were some shows that starter out as network fillers, but I'm a bit fuzzy abou which ones . . . Desperate Housewives? Grey's Anatomy? Or was that my imagination?

#26 ·
pkscout said:
Watched this last night and loved it. I'm wondering if the job they have for Michael is risky enough that they wanted him desperate. I liked the truck scene, but they're going to have to bust out of window of the caddy to get him out, unless the truck is just to transport him somewhere. Not enough room to open the doors.
Or they could just have him roll it down or crawl through the sun roof. He did go in willingly, so I imagine he'll cooperate when it comes time to get out.

PJO1966 said:
It's entirely possible that the voice on the phone is just a temporary voice actor. Because the second season is so far off it's possible they haven't cast her yet. With that said, I still think it's Audrey Landers as well. My first thought was that it sounded like Fiona.
I thought it sounded like Fiona too, but you're probably right that it's temporary until they cast the actress.

tk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.