TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Toboggan noggin
17,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to double check this before I decide what to do.

Skittles told me that Best Buy sold their own version of the box set that doesn't contain the miniseries or any other cool stuff.

However, the box set I bought from Best Buy says it contains the miniseries and a bunch of extras. It also looks just like Merc's box set.

So am I good to go, or do I need to return it for a copy from another store?

· Toboggan noggin
17,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rhuntington3 said:
There was the inital release that was the UK version of the show and no extras. That was supposedly what Best Buy had. Then they released the US version of S1 that had the original mini-series and extras. Sounds like you are good to go, if that's the version you wanted to have.
Ah, okay. Thanks. :)

· Seasoned gas passer
12,194 Posts
I just got the set off Amazon, and it includes the mini...all FOUR hours, not the three it was butchered down to on SciFi. Looking forward to watching this from the REAL beginning.

· Toboggan noggin
17,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bierboy said:
I just got the set off Amazon, and it includes the mini...all FOUR hours, not the three it was butchered down to on SciFi. Looking forward to watching this from the REAL beginning.
Huh? I thought the miniseries was 6? Could be wrong, though. And I don't think Sci-Fi was the one who aired the cut down version.

· Seasoned gas passer
12,194 Posts
Bai Shen said:
Huh? I thought the miniseries was 6? Could be wrong, though. And I don't think Sci-Fi was the one who aired the cut down version.
Nope...clearly states on the DVD case that the mini is 3 hours 3 minutes, which means it was four with commercials. And I'm not positive it was SciFi, but I believe it was (maybe it was NBC when their aired it in HD?) and it was butchered down to three including commercials.

· Unregistered User
4,379 Posts
Bierboy said:
Nope...clearly states on the DVD case that the mini is 3 hours 3 minutes, which means it was four with commercials. And I'm not positive it was SciFi, but I believe it was (maybe it was NBC when their aired it in HD?) and it was butchered down to three including commercials.
When SciFi aired it was Four Hours over Two Nights with Commercials.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.