TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In January, the guide data was bad on CNN. The past few weeks, I have noticed many, many data errors on different stations.

This past week, I've noticed several listing errors (perhaps 10 or more)! If the guide data is wrong, so is recording and searching.

I do understand that the guide data is submitted to TiVo by the channel and then to us. So, what's up?

This morning, around 5 a.m., I went to Channel 3, and there was Dr. Amen. The Guide said it was Nova. Zap2it Says it's Nova.

Does anyone else in the area (South Pinellas) notice this problem? Does anyone have suggestions on how to handle it other than what I do now: just shake my head in frustration and grin and bear it? So many channels with so many errors!

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I have persistent guide data problems, but I only record Analog so I can MRV. CNN/HLN is ongoing problems, and some of the others (HGTV is one I recall getting an odd recording) are cable too. I think the networks guide data is okay.

Tres annoying to miss recordings because of lousy data.

No connection problems at our house. But thanks for the headsup!

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks WR. After a previous thread indicated they were CNN reporting errors I figured I just had to live with it.

·
Advanced TiVoOligan
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having problems again with Guide Data. I get odd shows recording on analogue TV (sheesh, I never did want "Real Housewives" <g>) instead of the ones on my SPs.

I see there was a problem last year sorta in this time slot, so perhaps it will be an annual problem?

Anyone else notice misrecordings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.