TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
from hollywood reporter:
'Breaking Bad' Movie From Creator Vince Gilligan in the Works
A new chapter in Breaking Bad is in the works.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour movie, though it remains unclear if that will be released theatrically or made for television.
Details on the project, which has been floating around the industry with a possible fake/working title of Greenbrier, are slim. It's unclear if the movie would be another prequel - like AMC's Better Call Saul - or a follow-up of some sort. It's also unclear is if any of the original stars, such as Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul, are involved in the new project, which sources stress will be set in the existing Breaking Bad franchise.

Gilligan, sources say, will pen the script, executive produce and possibly direct. Breaking Bad and prequel series Better Call Saul exec producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein are also said to be attached to the film project, which is said to follow the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. Production is expected to begin this month in New Mexico. The New Mexico Film Office confirmed that a project with the title of Greenbrier is slated to shoot in in the region.
and la times:
'Breaking Bad' movie in the works, Bryan Cranston says - but who'll be in it?
"Breaking Bad" star Bryan Cranston has confirmed that a movie based on the hit series is in the works, though he's not sure he'll be a part of it.
and variety:
'Breaking Bad' Movie in the Works With Series Creator Vince Gilligan

(if this is being discussed in a different thread, my apologies - i searched several times before creating a separate thread)

·
tabasco rules
16,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if that's the case, and it appears at this point it may be, others will probably agree, but having really enjoyed bcs, i'm willing to give gilligan a chance and keep an open mind for the movie - a placeholder appeared on imdb this week (no casting).

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
I just saw this description on Wikipedia: "Breaking Bad is an American neo-western crime drama television series created and produced by Vince Gilligan."

Neo-western? Well, yes, it takes place in the West; and it is neo.

·
Craps Player
4,374 Posts
Meh, without Cranston/Walter I'm not all that interested. And I don't know how they would include him other than flashbacks. Any kind of "he's not really dead" wouldn't fly with me. Whenever BCS catches up to BB they can jump ahead to Omaha full time and include Pinkman if they wish.

·
I am Groot!
63,252 Posts
That was my first reaction but why do it with him? It would just be a 2 hour story of an entire series. Yes they could add new elements and backstory, but what about an entire reimaging of the story with new actors.
New actors, or new characters? Because one would be great. The other...not so much. (I think we all know which is which!)

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.