TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Well, here I am trying to figure out why when I plug in my brand new HD Samsung ST1000LM024 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NVGWV0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) it gives me the four lights. I thought I had done my homework effectively and found a PMR drive with low cache to replace. Can anyone tell me if I need to format it, perhaps? I don't want to mess with it too much if I need to return it to Amazon. Thanking all y'all in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the saga continues. I tried it twice, got 4 lights flashing. Plugged it in just now (after posting this help piece) and it is apparently formatting the drive. I'll update after guided setup runs. CRAZY.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I wouldn't trust that drive at all. We're hearing reports of certain hard drive models being incompatible with the Tivo, especially when running TE4. We're not sure why it is, I'm thinking it's a simple timing issue on startup.

Or it could be you have a defective hard drive that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Either way, I'd return it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.