TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The minis have been connection just fine over Moca network. Today 10/13/21 they both failed to connect to my Roamia. Numerous reboots and setups to both minis and to Roamio and the router and forced connection to Tivo service yielded nothing. I then connected a 50 foot ethernet cable to one of the minis and change to configuration from moca to ethernet and it still won't connect.
Is anyone having the same problem connecting Minis? Thanks.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you provide more details about your wiring?

What device is the MoCA Bridge to the Network?

What's your Coax like? Splitters?

Does your Router have built-in MoCA?

-KP
Cable is split 4 with 1 going to Romeo and 2 going to Minis and 1 going to Router. Router does not have built in Moca. Roamio has a built-in MoCA network adapter.

· Registered
3,372 Posts
So, you're using the TiVo as the MoCA Bridge?

Can you power off the Mini's and re-run Network setup on the Roamio, choosing "Set up as a MoCA Bridge"?

Then, once the Roamio has a valid IP, plug in one of the Mini's and re-run Network Setup on it. Pick the appropriate settings for your current connection method for the Mini.

Once that works, repeat for the 2nd Mini.

-KP

· Registered
7,682 Posts
The minis have been connection just fine over Moca network. Today 10/13/21 they both failed to connect to my Roamia. Numerous reboots and setups to both minis and to Roamio and the router and forced connection to Tivo service yielded nothing. I then connected a 50 foot ethernet cable to one of the minis and change to configuration from moca to ethernet and it still won't connect.
How many devices do you have registered with your TiVo account?

Scott

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Ive got the same issue.... All was well last night (Wed) and this morning none of my 3 minis will connect to their Tivo Hosts. Two of the minis are ethernet connected and the other is MOCA. The TiVo hosts are ethernet connected and one of them is the MOCA bridge. All three of the minis can connect to the TiVO service OK so the network communications is OK... So Im confused... did TiVo push out something?

Oh... and the 3 minis are different generations... one gen 1, one gen 2 and one Lux. All are running the latest experience. Changing host DVR makes no difference.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
When you say 'it wont connect' what exactly do you mean? I assume you mean it wont connect to the Romio host so you can see shows recorded on the Romio. Can you successfully force a service connection on the mini? On my issue, even though the mini wont 'see' the host, the mini CAN do a TiVo service connection telling me that the network connection IS working...

· Registered
2,352 Posts
More info... I went to one of my TiVo's and attempted to look at the shows on the other TiVo (devices selection in my shows)... When I do this it sees my other tivo but when I select it, it says 'Not in Your Account' V106. Looks like TiVo has screwed up their accounting system and the boxes dont know they are all on the same account.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many devices do you have registered with your TiVo account?

Scott
I've had Tivo since it started. Is there a limit? On the Tivo website I have 15 Active Devices and 3 Inactive Devices!! Of the 15 Active Devices I have 3 Roamios and 4 minis (spread in 2 houses since we are "snowbirds"). The other 8 devices I no longer use and I gave them away. Is there a way I can remove those devices online?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, you're using the TiVo as the MoCA Bridge?

Can you power off the Mini's and re-run Network setup on the Roamio, choosing "Set up as a MoCA Bridge"?

Then, once the Roamio has a valid IP, plug in one of the Mini's and re-run Network Setup on it. Pick the appropriate settings for your current connection method for the Mini.

Once that works, repeat for the 2nd Mini.

-KP
Thanks for the advice. I did exactly what you said and the Minls still could not see or connect to the Roamio.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you say 'it wont connect' what exactly do you mean? I assume you mean it wont connect to the Romio host so you can see shows recorded on the Romio. Can you successfully force a service connection on the mini? On my issue, even though the mini wont 'see' the host, the mini CAN do a TiVo service connection telling me that the network connection IS working...
Thanks for responding. Both Minis won't connect to my Roamio host to see live or recorded shows. But it does connect using a forced connection on the Mini to the Tivo Service.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive got the same issue.... All was well last night (Wed) and this morning none of my 3 minis will connect to their Tivo Hosts. Two of the minis are ethernet connected and the other is MOCA. The TiVo hosts are ethernet connected and one of them is the MOCA bridge. All three of the minis can connect to the TiVO service OK so the network communications is OK... So Im confused... did TiVo push out something?

Oh... and the 3 minis are different generations... one gen 1, one gen 2 and one Lux. All are running the latest experience. Changing host DVR makes no difference.
Thanks for responding. It is helpful that both of us are having the same problem. When we called Tivo yesterday they said there is a limit on how many devices each household can have. Maybe they are starting to enforce the rule. I have a lot of old Tivo devices. Just curious if you log on to Tivo how many Active Devices do you have?

· Registered
2,352 Posts
Thanks for responding. It is helpful that both of us are having the same problem. When we called Tivo yesterday they said there is a limit on how many devices each household can have. Maybe they are starting to enforce the rule. I have a lot of old Tivo devices. Just curious if you log on to Tivo how many Active Devices do you have?
I have 18 devices on the account which includes 3 4K streamers and two dead minis which went to the trash.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TiVo confirmed its something they pushed out recently that hard limits an account to 12 devices... on with them now moving stuff to another account.
It would have been nice if Tivo emailed us ahead of time to warn us that our Tivos would suddenly stop working if we exceeded 12. A lot of people are spending hours trying to figure what went wrong.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
It would have been nice if Tivo emailed us ahead of time to warn us that our Tivos would suddenly stop working if we exceeded 12. A lot of people are spending hours trying to figure what went wrong.
Agree 100%. I asked the agent if they were getting lots of calls on this and she said YES.... The one thing Im wondering, the TiVos at my other place that I moved to the new account... will they lose any recordings?

Update: TiVo says recordings on moved devices won't be impacted.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.