TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
When the cancer plaintiff said that "I don't want your money, that won't hurt you, I want your time", didn't he just admit that the lawsuit was malicious and for nuisance purposes? Couldn't they get the suit dismissed and sanctions placed on the plaintiff as a result? Or at the very least, couldn't MJF just not show up to court and have his laywers handle it without him there, thus denying the plaintiff the fruits of his spite?

After the plaintiff said what he said, I found him so reprehensible that I would have wished cancer upon him if it wasn't already too late. :)

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
As part of the cancer plot, Rene Auberjenois' character mentioned that his wife died from cancer.

I seem to recall that last year they strongly suggested (without actually saying it) that his character was gay.

So, do you think the writers forgot or changed their mind? (Or was she a beard? ;))

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
SparkleMotion said:
I don't have any recollection of that. Unless it was Denny being his typically insulting, arrogant self in one of his frequent conflicts with Paul.
I can't recall the episode, I just remember watching a scene in one of the (first season, I think) episodes and suddenly going, "Oh! So I guess he's supposed to be gay." The conversation was a fairly benign one, nothing in it that would warrant an attack by a character. I think it was a scene with Denny and Paul having a friendly conversation on the balcony (like Denny and Alan have now) reminiscing about the early days of their friendship.

Maybe "strongly suggested" was an exaggeration on my part... it was more like "subtly hinted at". It was only subtext, but at the time I thought it to be unmistakable.

Is there a online resource somewhere that would have episode transcripts? If you can point me to one, I'm sure I could eventually find the dialogue in question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.