TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Damn... How are they going to tie up everything in two hours?

I don't trust Sloan, I don't care what he says. I think he killed Vance and is working with Corwin and Creighton.

It took a couple of episodes to get into the groove of the original series, but they did it.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I loved Bosch so I plan to start watching this weekend. But God I hate ads. Why can’t they put an ad free version on Prime. Damn.
Eventually they may do that, but they may charge for it.

Freevee is hard to predict. Episodes 7 and 8 had no ads for me, but others may see some.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I agree, @VegasVic . I'll watch it, no matter what. But damn do I hate the ads and the fact that's it's trickled out week after week. Being able to binge a series fits my time and attention span much better. I wish there was a way to get them all and without ads.
The series itself is good. I've read all the Bosch universe books, but I can't remember how any of these stories go. It's like I get to enjoy them all over again. :)

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
PlayOn works great for me to skip the ads.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,088 Posts
I loved Bosch so I plan to start watching this weekend. But God I hate ads. Why can’t they put an ad free version on Prime. Damn.
They really aren't that bad, certainly not like broadcast TV. Two 90-second breaks over the course of an hour.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I've even got my GF hooked on this show to the point i have to fill her in on what happened in the last season to get to this point.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Now downloading episodes 9 and 10 for tonight.

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
Watched Eps 9 and 10 last night. What are people's guesses for the final scene!
My guess is Maddie snuck out through the broken screen window without her gun and phone which is why he could not contact her.
As to who the guy is???

It was interesting to see the reference to his house with the great view. I am guessing the current owners said enough is enough and they made up the earthquake story.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Great cliffhanger. And rest assured, this show was renewed for a second season even before this season was released.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Watched Eps 9 and 10 last night. What are people's guesses for the final scene!
My guess is Maddie snuck out through the broken screen window without her gun and phone which is why he could not contact her.
As to who the guy is???

It was interesting to see the reference to his house with the great view. I am guessing the current owners said enough is enough and they made up the earthquake story.
Well, that was quite the ride. There were a few things that struck me as odd, such as zooming in on the video, unless it was supposed to be a live shot, which makes no sense since she was viewing it at night.

I didn't see Mads getting taken, unless it was intentional.

As for who the screen cutter is, my guess is
Dockwiler

Reactions: philw1776

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Well, that was quite the ride. There were a few things that struck me as odd, such as zooming in on the video, unless it was supposed to be a live shot, which makes no sense since she was viewing it at night.

I didn't see Mads getting taken, unless it was intentional.

As for who the screen cutter is, my guess is
Dockwiler
That's
Kurt Dockweiler

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
No, the earthquake story is straight from the books.

Incidentally, Harry should get a new real estate agent. An empty lot on the next block was sold for $4,495,000 a year ago.

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
No, the earthquake story is straight from the books.

Incidentally, Harry should get a new real estate agent. An empty lot on the next block was sold for $4,495,000 a year ago.
That's funny. I haven't read the books so that's good to know. I figured it was production issues.

On the old Mary Tyler Moore show she had this house in Minneapolis they filmed the first year and subsequently used the old footage whenever they referenced her being at home. At some point the current/new owners (I think) started protesting with signs and making it difficult for them to do any new footage so they moved her to the condos near the university.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I‘m still watching so skipping to the end of this thread to say I am enjoying this more than the original series. The original Bosch, which I liked, always had too many cases going on at the same time.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
That's funny. I haven't read the books so that's good to know. I figured it was production issues.

On the old Mary Tyler Moore show she had this house in Minneapolis they filmed the first year and subsequently used the old footage whenever they referenced her being at home. At some point the current/new owners (I think) started protesting with signs and making it difficult for them to do any new footage so they moved her to the condos near the university.
They do lots of filming in and around my neighborhood. Production companies will ordinarily recompense affected parties beforehand. But as you imply a particularly iconic location can be a target for lookie-loos afterwards, especially so since they are easy to find with IMDB or Google. I admit to driving by places like Laurel and Hardy's infamous piano stairs and the "Charmed" Halliwell manor from time to time.

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
They do lots of filming in and around my neighborhood. Production companies will ordinarily recompense affected parties beforehand. But as you imply a particularly iconic location can be a target for lookie-loos afterwards, especially so since they are easy to find with IMDB or Google. I admit to driving by places like Laurel and Hardy's infamous piano stairs and the "Charmed" Halliwell manor from time to time.

I could easily see one of those cheap movie tours including it in their routes effectively pissing everybody off.

·
Craps Player
4,378 Posts
They really aren't that bad, certainly not like broadcast TV. Two 90-second breaks over the course of an hour.
I was pleasantly surprised with the ads. A couple episodes had none and the rest had a small amount.

I enjoyed the season a lot. Looking forward to another one.

·
Craps Player
4,378 Posts
Good to see Crate and Barrel. Jerry too but odd it was for just one very short scene. More Jerry please.

Reactions: philw1776
21 - 40 of 59 Posts